It is clear to m, now that we are back in the swing of a regular schedule, that I had to step away for a bit. We are coming up on a year since things hit the proverbial fan, and for much of that time I was disconnected from my husband and kids. I was lost in a world of disbelief, crisis, and sadness I thought I may not fully recover from. I had to take a break, heal as much as I could, and remind myself that there will be life on the other side of this tragedy.
Is the situation better? No, not even close. In some ways, it hurts more with every passing day, but we are learning how to live life that embraces the blessings we can count.
I'm ready to get back into the blogosphere, and I thought that a little recap of some older posts would be a great way to rejuvenate my reader's interests while also introducing new readers to where it all started for this little blog of mine. So in the style of Kasie Whitener, here goes:
- Dear Mom... I wrote this at the beginning, and I took to down for a while, but it truly captures the essence of why this blog was born.
- My Girl: So many of my posts were written in absolute sorrow, but I am pretty sure I smiled ear-to-ear the entire time I worked on this one.
- Post I Wish More People Had Read: This experience has been excruciating for me, but my pain and suffering is nothing compared to his.
- Our Rocks: My entire family would be far worse off without these two guys. This post even ended with a little humor!
- Comfort: This is where we are now, finding comfort in the positive, keeping memories precious, moving forward and finding joy in what we have in our lives.
It feels great to be back, and I think the best is yet to come!